About Us and Our Background
There has been a veterinary practice in Rawlinson Street, Barrow-in-Furness since 1954. Howard Bradley opened the first practice in a single shop unit in September of that year. It was expanded by his successor, and since 2005, has undergone significant redevelopment which has effectively more than doubled the size of the building. This now houses a new operating theatre, dedicated diagnostic imaging suite, hydrotherapy unit and four spacious consulting rooms. The practice is a comprehensive facility giving a high quality service to pets and their owners.
We have been a training centre for Veterinary Nurses since 1997 and have recently affirmed our commitment to our feline patients by attaining a Silver Award in the Cat Friendly Practice scheme,
The practice has remained committed to a programme of improvement. In 1996 the practice was functioning with just one veterinary surgeon and two nursing staff. Significant growth and dedication to in-house and external training of staff has allowed us to develop into the team that we are today.
"Absolutely at the top of the veterinary field.....amazing, just amazing!”
Helen and her pet ‘Gladys’